Dalzell Bowling Club
494 Windmillhill Street
Motherwell ML1 2AF
As part of the 125year anniversary which our club will soon be celebrating, we will this year be launching a fund raiser that will allow all DALZELL B C MEMBERS a chance to pit their skills on the Bowling Green and be in with a chance of lifting a prize fund.
The competition is open to all members who are participating in the club competitions run on a Saturday but will not include invitational tournaments.
For the purchase of a ticket, priced £1.00 you will be entered into a draw where two tickets will be selected at random. The holder of the tickets drawn will then be invited to throw their bowl to the jack and if it is a “toucher” he will win the prize.
The jack and mat will be set at maximum regulation length and both the jack and bowl must stay within the boundaries of the rink and not go in the ditch.
The rinks that the challenge will be played on will be set contrary to the day’s play.
Any number of tickets can be purchased. Both winning tickets pay out £5 .
If the two tickets drawn are owned by the one member then he will be invited to throw two bowls.
If two members selected throw their bowl and touch the jack the prize fund will be divided equally.
The umpire’s decision is final
The prize fund will be 70% of the monies collected with the other 30% going to the 125 celebration fund. If it is not won in any particular week the prize fund will be accumulated and so on.
|Prize Winners 2013|
|Mixed Pairs 2013|
|Fun Day 2013|
|Club Competitions Apr-July|
|Club Competitions Aug-Oct|
|stories from the green 2013|
|Opening Day 2013|
|Notes of Interest 2014|
|Opening Day 2014|
|Stories from the Green 2014|
|Mixed Pairs 2014|